If you are an owner if Canon SX20 then you might be thinking about upgrading. Canon Powershot SX20 IS is an old camera. It's no longer even in market in online stores like Amazon. If you want to upgrade and you prefer model from same line, Canon bridge cameras then the latest camera in market is Canon SX50 HS camera. There are rumors about a new Canon SX60 camera but so far Canon has not announced about it.
This Canon SX50 is totally a different league from your Canon SX20 or Canon SX10 cameras. This is the unlimate bridge camera people who wanted a Mega zoom camera dreamed of. It has everything those early Canon bridge camera models lacked.
Most important thing about this SX50 camera is it's 50x zoom lens. It's 30x more than 20x zoom your Canon SX20 camera has. 50x means like a 1200mm telephoto zoom. Even the Canons biggest interchangeable lens in market is Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Super Telephoto Lens which can cost you around $14,000 at Amazon (Check Here).
There are more features like,
- 50x optical zoom and 24mm wide-angle lens.
- 12.1 megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor.
- DIGIC 5 image processor.
- 080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button.
- Exceptional low-light performance up to ISO 6400.
- More than 25 Shooting/Special Scene Modes.
- NB-10L Lithium-Ion Battery.